Bring your family for a relaxing day in the country while enjoying the steeplechase jockeys of tomorrow compete in this friendly competition. Proceeds from the Maryland Junior Hunt Cup benefit the Land Preservation Trust (LPT).
Finish Line Box
$200 per box. Watch the races from your private, open-air box. Each box includes 1 table and 4 chairs. Package includes 1 Subscriber parking pass. No pop-up tents are allowed.
$50 per car. No additional admission is required for the event.
Subscribers parking area is on the Shawan Downs hill overlooking the course, just a short distance from the hillside viewing areas.
$10 per car. No additional admission is required for the event.
General parking area is in a field near the course.
Information on purchasing tickets can be found at the Shawan Downs website.
Tickets can also be purchased in person at Dogwood Tack, Dover Saddlery, The Filling Station, The Mill, and Maryland Saddlery.
Note for entrants:
1) Course will be flagged for walking by Wednesday, April 24th.
2) All riders (except Lead Line Trot) MUST have a Yoke which is not attached to the saddle NOT a hunting breastplate.
3) Reminder: At time of registration ALL entrants for races 6 & 8, must show credentials as required by rule 11a of the Maryland Steeplechase Association's General Conditions
4) Sunday, April 28th at 10:30 am MANDATORY course walk for ALL entrants in a jumping races.
5) In interest of running the races in a timely fashion, the Shawan Downs Race Committee along with the Stewards will make their greatest effort to start all races at the appointed post time; and any pony or horses not in the paddock at the appropriate time will be scratched by the Stewards. ALL Ponies & Horses are expected to arrive at the saddling area adjacent to the paddock at the same time. There will be no exceptions to this policy. Stable departure times will be posted w/ the stable manager, on the steward stand, and on the presentation stand as well as at the gate to the course.